1. Canada is bilingual. Both English and French are official languages.
2. Canada’s name comes from a St. Lawrence Iroquoian word, kanata, which means village or settlement.
3. The national animal of Canada is the beaver.
4. The national symbol of Canada is the maple leaf.
5. We do say eh… a lot.
6. Our currency is the Canadian dollar.
7. We eat, sleep and breathe hockey. NHL teams in Canada are the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and the Winnipeg Jets.
8. Canada became a nation in 1867.
9. The national anthem is Oh Canada and national motto is From Sea to Sea.
10. There are lots of the world’s longests’…
A. Longest street in the world is Yonge Street which is 1,896 kilometers long.
B. The longest highway in the world is the Trans-Canada Highway which is over 7604 kilometers in length.
C. The Canada-US border is the longest border and longest unguarded border in the world, it is 8,891 kilometers long.
Do you know any other fun Canadian facts?